Terms & Conditions
1. The published opinions or views of contributors, staff writers or management staff, are their own and do not reflect the position of the Rational Standard or any affiliate.
2. Information found on the Rational Standard is not guaranteed to be correct, accurate or reliable for any purpose. The Rational Standard will not accept nor may it be held liable for any damage, harm, inconvenience, or otherwise, suffered by any person or entity, due to reliance on the information contained on this website. Any usage of information on this website is at own risk.
3. The Rational Standard does not guarantee that no harmful software may be downloaded from the website onto any device viewing it. We make every effort to ensure the security of the website however will not accept nor may we be held liable for such harm, damage, inconvenience, or otherwise suffered.
4. All material found on this website, including posts and page content, as well as downloadable documents or information, are protected under South African copyright law.
5. The Rational Standard makes use of third party content assumed to be in the public domain. Such copyright accrues to the owners thereof and not to the Rational Standard, unless otherwise noted. If there is an image appearing on this website that belongs to you and you do not agree with it appearing here, please e-mail the administrator with a link to the respective image and it will be promptly removed.
6. Ownership of contributing articles, posts, texts or otherwise made by contributors, staff writers or management staff accrue to such contributors, guest writers, staff writers or management staff. The Rational Standard however retains exclusive usage of such articles, posts, texts or otherwise unless management staff agree otherwise. Therefore, no article, post, text or otherwise may be reproduced without permission, by the owner or a third party, subject to provision 7.
7. Any article, post, text or otherwise found on the Rational Standard may be reproduced only if done verbatim (word-for-word) and with full credit given to the author as well as the source, being the Rational Standard. Any article, post, text or otherwise found on this website which has been reproduced from a third party source, must in the new reproduction give such credit to the original source as is by them required. This credit must include, at least, a link to the original source.
8. The Rational Standard Management Staff reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions at any time and for whatever reason.
9. The Rational Standard maintains a mailing list.
10. Subscribers to this mailing list are assured that they will not be spammed and can opt-out at any time.
11. The email address and other personal information of subscribers will never be sold or used for any other purpose other than sending out the newsletter to consenting subscribers.