Submit a Remark
Don’t have enough time to write a full article for the Rational Standard? Consider sending us a Rational Remark instead! Similar to the ‘letters to the editor’ of other publications, Rational Remarks will include our readers’ short thoughts on what is happening in South Africa, Africa, and the world. Alternatively, readers can also submit their thoughts on other articles which have appeared on the Rational Standard, or elsewhere. Please use the submission form at the bottom of the page for your comment.
Your comment must adhere to the following criteria:
- It must be between 100 and 400 words in length.
- It must be in clear and understandable English, and be properly formatted with appropriate paragraph breaks.
- The content must have a freedom bias – in other words, it must generally favor individual rights rather than the interests of the State, favor reason rather than emotion, and favor liberty rather than control.
By submitting your comment, you understand the following:
- The remark will not be shared on the Rational Standard‘s social media platforms unless it is deemed to be of a high enough quality or relevance by the Editor. You are therefore responsible for sharing the comment.
- The remark will not be featured on the Rational Standard‘s home page unless it is deemed to be of a high enough quality or relevance by the Editor.
- You are free to submit your remark entirely anonymously or under a pseudonym. If you are using a pseudonym rather than your real name, please indicate that in the form below.
- Given the Rational Standard‘s broadly individualist stance, we will not publish a comment which is racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted against a biological demographic.
Have more detailed thoughts to share with us? Please consider writing us an article!