DIRECT DEMOCRACY is a government system that ensures accountability to you the voter!
July 1 @ 09:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Join the FMF Youth and speaker Jim Powell, Founder of Direct Democracy South Africa, as he discusses Direct Democracy as a government system.
- When you vote, you decide who is employed or how many are employed. When you pay tax (PAYE corporate, VAT), you pay the salaries of politicians. This describes you as the employer of the politician
- With your vote, you are also the shareholder of your Local Council, Province and South Africa
- How did we get it wrong? Politicians decided on the rules for the benefit of politicians
- Unfortunately the political will to change this is lacking
- There is a way to change this for the next elections
- The way to change this will be presented and explored